By definition, something that is “Halal” is lawful or permissible and safe for human consumption; this includes foods and services.
According to TMCCI (http://tmcci.org/halal.php), the global Halal market is “… estimated to be a staggering $4.5 USD Trillion, comprised of $1.4 USD Trillion Halal Finances, $1.1 USD Trillion Halal Food, $224 USD Billion Halal Fashion, $150 USD Billion Halal Tourism, $95 USD Billion Halal Pharmaceuticals, and $60 USD Billion Halal Cosmetics and others. The global Halal food market constitutes 16% of the total global food industry at present … growing exponentially at the rate of 6.9% …”
With the introduction of the new Halal Standard by the UAE government, the time to tap into this vast global industry is now! In coming years it will become mandatory for the products being manufactured or imported into the region to be Halal Certified.
But there is a lot of confusion and lack of proper support for Halal certification. There have even been cases of unauthentic Halal certification organizations misleading companies. Also, there is a great deal of misunderstanding around the Halal certification process and its requirements. Coupled with untrained or inadequately trained employees, this can lead to a plethora of problems for your company.
This is where we step in. We will provide complete A to Z Halal Consultancy and support. After understanding your requirements and constraints, we will analyze your existing process and plans, and then modify the services to provide complete satisfaction with results you will get.
About 90% of the Nestle Middle East & North Africa production plants (Nestle being one of the world’s leading producers of Halal certified products) are halal certified, and generate more than $7 USD Billion. Our founder, Dr. Hassan, was the Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Manager and Nestle Middle East, and is certified Halal Lead Auditor, making him one of the leading experts in this field.
Our Halal Services for Industries/Businesses/Companies:
- Conduct a Halal GAP analysis
- Provide training to as per the TNA (Halal, GMP, GHP, Food Safety & HACCP)
- Assist in optimizing the product or process (if required)
- Source Halal complaint vendors/suppliers, verifying or auditing them if required
- Prepare and implement documents, manuals, and SOP
- Conduct internal Halal audits and mock external Halal audits to prepare you
- Get your products/company Halal Certified by a proper authentic authority/CBs
After certification, we will help promote your business by:
- Business Development
- Marketing Strategy
- And more:
- Conduct periodic internal audits and supplier audits
- Continuous improvement and compliance with the regulations and requirements
- Manage surveillance audits and re-certification
- Technical Support
- New products and/or process development
- Ongoing testing, Analysis, and Research
- New Project Development
- Continuous exploration of the Global Halal Market for potential business opportunities for your company
We can also provide any number of the above-listed services individually as per your needs from time to time.
In addition to serving the needs of industries and businesses, we also cater to the requirement of Halal Certification Organizations and Government Organizations throughout the world.
We provide the following services to HCBs:
- Support for establishing documentation systems and SOP
- On the Job training for Auditors and Technical Experts (CPD Programs and Off the Job Program also Available)
- Consulting for Accreditation and Recognition from different government or semi government organizations
- Technical support for document review
- Collaborative Training Programs
- Surveillance Inspection Services
- Sourcing Halal verified suppliers
- Providing value added services to applicants
We provide the following services to Government or Semi Government Organizations:
- Develop or revise Halal standards, policies, regulations, etc.
- Develop strategies and procedures for implementing and maintaining Halal status
- Continuous independent monitoring, expert corrective action advice, and making recommendations for improvement
- Inspection services
- Awareness programs and training
- Develop Halal parks, products, industries, business, etc.
- Develop Halal tourisms and supply chain
- Organize trade expos, seminars, etc.
- Consult for/with trade or commerce departments, industries, businesses, etc. on how to tap into the lucrative global Halal market
- Promote products, services, companies, etc. on the global Halal platform
Additional Halal-related Services:
- Custom designed training and short course programs for university students
- Testing and Analysis of products at a state of the art laboratory
- E-Publications and E-Listings
- Halal Business Consultancy
- Training (see below)
After thoroughly analyzing the industry need and feasibility, RAQAM has developed an extensive training program specifically for Halal-related issues. The programs were developed by professionals with either vast industrial or academic experience in their respective fields. The material was developed after thorough research of each individual subject, and then reviewed by an experienced industry professional. The material undergoes periodic evaluation to stay updated with industry developments.
The programs are based on the current standards and regulations of the GCC region, but other standards based training option is also available.
• Technical Materials
• Practical Training
• Discussions on Strategies and Ideas to tackle roadblocks and/or troubleshoot issues
[Link to course descriptions]
No one understands the ins and outs of Halal Certification the way RAQAM Consultancy does!